The Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) is to hold an Apex Council Meeting virtually on Friday, 17th June.
In the meeting, the fate of the deferred Indian Premier League (IPL) will be discussed. The meeting stands by a threat as the decision on the World Cup 2020 is still hanging. Although after the cancelation of Asia Cup in September, BCCI has got a vacant window to organize their cash-rich league, it is the shortest window and for holding a regular version of IPL, October-November would also be needed.
BCCI virtual meeting to be held on Friday, IPL to be discussed as the top-most priority
Along with IPL, the domestic cricket schedule would also be discussed. Also, the new staff hiring for BCCI would be considered. The digital broadcasting media partners for the board itself and IPL would be reviewed.
Rahul Johri, who stepped down as a CEO, has left his spot vacant. His place would be fulfilled by the deserving person that is to be decided in the Apex Council Meeting.
Also, Bengaluru, which is supposed to be another designation for NCA, will be confirmed along with the tax exemption issues lying in between ICC and BCCI will be proceeded in the discussions.
The home series against England is most likely to be rescheduled considering the schedules of IPL if revealed tomorrow.
1) IPL- Way forward
2) Domestic cricket schedules
3) FTP- Rescheduling of the England home series for February 2021
4) Tax exemption certificates mandatory for hosting the T20 World Cup in India
5) NCA facility in Bengaluru
6) Extension of contract for BCCI & IPL digital platforms
7) Bihar Cricket Association’s administrative mess
8) Appointment of new staff in the BCCI
9) Procedure to appoint new CEO after Rahul Johri’s resignation
10) Payments to NE states
11) Discussion on Tender for Apparel Partnership